Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

What my name means to me.

We made a poster of our names and we put it on the wall in our classroom. We then had to write a little tiny poster about what our name means to us. This is mine.
My name means special to me because I’m named after a Saint, and my mum's first brother. Usually you are supposed to be named after your dad's family but instead I was named after my first uncle. I like being named after him. He's a good inspiration. His name is Mamana and so is mine. My second name Francis was chosen by my first aunts my dad’s eldest sister  Sr Leva Vaihu. Because she wanted me to be named after a Saint so she chose Saint Francis of Assisi. Saint Francis is my favourite saint so it’s a great honour to be named after him. Francis was also my baptism name. I love my name and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love to be called Francis Mamana Jnr Vaihu Veikoso.


4 comments:

  1. Hello Francis, I'm Amelia from Yaldhurst Model School.

    I really liked the way you added a picture of the colourful posters, they all look amazing!

    What I learnt from your blog post is that Francis is the name of a saint, I didn't know that before.

    I am named after one of the first female pilots, called Amelia Earhart. She flew solo somewhere, but the plane crashed and she went missing.

    One suggestion, maybe be a bit more creative and use a slide, google drawing, canva, or something similar.

    Why did you blog about this topic?

    If you have the time, come and check out my blog.

    Cya Francis, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malo E Lelei Ameila, Thank you for your nice comment. Wow your name is interesting!. I would put it in a google slide but I just putted it in a google doc because it seemed nicer. But thank you for your helpful comment.
      I blogged this topic because I really wanted to show people what my name meant to me.
      I will check your blog and leave some comments when I have some free time.
      Kind Regards,
      Francis.

      Delete
  2. Hey Francis!
    I love learning about history, especially from my family tree!
    What do you know about your family tree? I found out that part of my family
    is German and part Irish!

    I think this a very cool idea and it should be something that we do at my school! What did you learn from your name? Maybe next time you could add a little more information and try to space out the words. It just makes it that little bit easier to read.
    This was a Great post!
    If you have the time, come check out my blog!
    Kind Regards,

    - Teegan .J Ducharme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malo E Lelei Teegan, Thank you for your nice comment. I know that my family tree did some interesting things such as being a special part in the police organisation. I love how you are from 2 different countries. I will space out the words next time. Thank you for your helpful comment.I will check your blog and leave some comments when I have some free time.
      Kind Regards,
      Francis.

      Delete