Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Science with Mrs Sharma at Technology Term 2 2021!.

 In term 1 I was in Mrs Hamer's Cooking Class. Now term 2 is here and the rotations have been made. Now I am in Mrs Sharma's Science Class!. Today was my first day, I knew I would have fun because I have never been in a science class before, so to get this opportunity to be in a science class is amazing!. 

 Firstly, Mrs Sharma introduced herself and we introduced ourselves, then came the work!.

Our first task was to Write any 5 science words that come to mind!. 

Here are the words I wrote down. 

1. Chemistry 

2. Biology 

3. Sodium Chloride

4. Mitochondria

5. Photosynthesis. 

I didn't know what all the words meant but Mrs Sharma told the rest of the class and I what the words that we each put down. 

Then we were told to Write the 3 different areas of science and write their meaning.

1. Physics - Physics means Light, Satellites, Machines, Space Rays

2. Biology - Biology means like Living organisms, Plants and Animals.

3. Chemistry - Chemistry means Medicine. 

Then after everyone was done Mrs Sharma gave us a second task.

Our second task was to take notes of a video we were about to watch about How Planes Fly.

Here are the notes I took.

Thrust, Lift, Drag & Weight. 

Thrust keeps the plane moving

Lift is what keeps the plane up.

Drag is a force that slows the plane down.

Weight is caused by gravity. 

When all forces work together the plane flies.

Now we each had to make a paper plane for the competition we had to

see which paper plane one flies the farthest!.

I had a lot of fun making my Paper plane but the question was will it

fly far. My Tech buddies and

I had three goes and the person with the best flying plane wins.

Heads up a boy in my class named Richard not me lol.

Here is a table showing how I went.

Francis’s Table.

Trail 

1st Try

2nd Try

3rd Try

Distance

3.10m

4.80m

5m

I placed 4th which for me is very good for my first ever paper plane competition!. I had fun and that’s all that really matters!. Then that concluded my first day of science class with Mrs Sharma!. I had heaps of fun and I can't wait for next week!.

No comments:

Post a Comment