Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

My mini science investigation - pulse rate

 My mini science investigation - pulse rate

Carefully read and understand this recording and planning guide so you are systematic in scientific thinking, experimenting, recording and interpreting. 


Follow logically through each section so you are thorough in your science investigation steps. 


Complete each section with details needed so you have carefully logged your project...and so an outsider can know and understand too.


1

My science investigation TOPIC: Investigate the effect of different types of Physical activity on heart rate.



2

My investigation question


  1. Which physical activity resulted in the highest heart rate?

  2. What do I think this might be?

  3. Which physical activity resulted in the lowest heart rate

3

Background research and knowledge I will explore as a backdrop to my investigation


The pulse rate is a measurement of the heart rate, or the number of times the heart beats per minute. As the heart pushes blood through the arteries, the arteries expand and contract with the flow of the blood. Taking a pulse not only measures the heart rate, but also can indicate the following: Heart rhythm.




4

Aim of my investigation

/


5

My investigation steps

Materials / resources / people:

We used a ball, the smart watch, stopwatch, also my group consists of Solomone, and Tupua.  



STEP 1

Get a stopwatch and Smart watch.


STEP 2

Start the timer


STEP 3

Do the exercise for 30 seconds.


STEP 4

Take turns while doing so.



6

My possible recording method


7

Result: 

  1. My highest is throwing and catching the ball. I got 154.

2. My lowest heart rate is sitting. I got 99.

3. When your do hard exercise your heart rate will rise but if you relax then your heart rate will drop or be normal.




No comments:

Post a Comment